Fitness and Wellbeing Assistant
Are you passionate about improving the health & wellbeing of older people? We are looking for someone to work in the Wellbeing Team at Seacroft Green Care Centre to provide an appropriate leve of physical and mental activity to improve health services within our home.
Seacroft Green Care Centre is a purpose built care home providing social care for a number of adults with varying health requirements.
To develop and manage an innovative programme of physical activity and other programmes that improve the health and wellbeing of the people who live in our home , especially those who are older, who are at risk through sedentary behaviour or who have disability and long term health conditions including dementia .
You will work with our Wellbeing and Lifestyle Coordinator to deliver a programme of innovative and fun personalised one to one and group activities. You will also be required to do other activities with the wellbeing team which offer enrichment and fulfilment to our residents.
- To motivate the residents to participate in group and individualised programmes of exercise to maintain well being
- Provide safe and effective group fitness sessions in settings requiring gentle seated, adaptive physical activity for elderly and disabled residents
- Develop and implement individual physical fitness plans for frail residents who cannot attend group fitness activities.
- Conduct a basic program of safe adaptive sports and physically active games for elderly and disabled adults. Competently design, format, sequence and supervise long term care fitness programs that promote muscular strength, functional range-of-motion, skeletal integrity, balance, coordination, fall prevention,
- To develop walking groups which offer residents the opportunity to exercise both in immediate vicinity and in local places of interest
- To keep accurate records of the programmes which have been delivered
- Work cooperatively and efficiently with other team members, and support and develop them to feel confident in carrying out individualised programmes
- Respond effectively to emergency situations
- To be a member of the falls prevention team
- 24 hours a week
- 6 hour day shifts
- Will include some weekend working
- delivering sport and physical activity programmes 2 years (Required)
- working a care environment (desirable)
- BTech in Sports and Fitness or equivalent
- Care Certificate – can be completed in house
At Springfield Healthcare, our main priority is the welfare and wellbeing of our residents and staff. Therefore, we require all our new staff to confirm that they have either had Covid-19 vaccine, or they are willing to receive it prior to start of the employment with us. There will be a requirement to sign a consent form to this effect at the point of a job interview.