SPRINGFIELD HEALTHCARE GROUP
Wellbeing and Engagement Lead - Harcourt Gardens Care Home, Harrogate
Salaries: £10.00 per hour
Springfield Healthcare has been providing excellent care in beautiful residential settings for over 50 years. We have a growing portfolio of Care Homes and Care Villages throughout Yorkshire which means that we can offer great career opportunities to talented and hardworking members of our team.
Harcourt Gardens will be an exceptional care home, combining the most beautiful surroundings with the latest technology and care expertise, all set within the heart of an established local community. We’re located within minutes of all local amenities in the centre of Harrogate, adjacent to Mowbray Square Medical Centre - close to the train station and bus routes, walking distance from Bilton & Starbeck.
We have a range of exciting roles at our brand new, purpose-built, luxury care home in Harrogate which will offer 102 beds supporting residents with residential, nursing and dementia care needs. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the team at the beginning and help shape the culture of care, putting residents at the heart of everything that we do.
What will the role involve?
Providing an ongoing program of activities designed to meet, in accordance with the compressive assessment, the interest and the physical, mental and psychological well-being of each resident.
Responsible for: a successful running of the Wellbeing Department, developing and coordinating a resident centred activity plan; recruitment and coaching Wellbeing Enablers and volunteers; involving the whole Chocolate Works Care Village Community, family members and friends in the activities programme.
What will my main responsiblilies be?
- Manage, coach, motivate and provide performance evaluations to your team of Wellbeing Enablers.
- Plan, organise and oversee a variety of activities, social events, daytrips and multi-day excursions included on the activity program.
- Deliver daily team meetings; create and distribute daily “game plans” to your team.
- Manage activity stock and supplies.
- Manage all activity program logistics, including bus transportation, staff scheduling and troubleshooting.
- Coordinate all logistics for student arrivals and departures.
- Manage relationships with local suppliers and partners
- Be available to work late nights for some events, such as host family evenings, arrivals and departures, and also assist with emergency situations should they arrive.
- Provide a plan of activities appropriate to the needs of the residents that includes, but is not limited to:
- Group social activities
- Indoors and outdoors activities, which may include daily walks
- Activities away from the facility
- Spiritual programs and attendance at houses of worship
- Opportunity for resident involvement in planning and implementation of the activities program
- Creative activities such as arts, crafts music, drama, educational programs
- Exercise activates
- One to one attention
- Promotion of community interaction
- Assure that at least 15 minutes of staff time is provided per resident per week for activities duties. The Activities Record Files inform which residents engaged on activities, group or one to one (1:1) and the level of satisfaction and interest.
- Prepare a Weekly / Monthly calendar of activities, posted in a prominent location that is visible to residents and visitors. Every Monday morning, a time sheet of the activities of the week are displayed at the notice board in reception, bistro and on all floors. Also, responsible for deigned posters of special activities, and display them at the notice board.
- Coordinate the activities program with other services in the facility. All floors have a box of activities that include board games, puzzled, colouring material and sign along music. This allows that is residents choose not to engage on the group activities of the day they have the possibility of doing it on the floor.
- Recruit, train and supervise new staff or work experience students when appropriate.
- Involves family, staff and community volunteers to participate as a regular part of the activity programme with the assistance of General Manager and Activities Assistant.
- Assess resident needs and develop resident activities goal for the care plan (Developed the following documents: Activities General risk assessment; Outings Specific risk assessment ; Resident Participation Daily Record; Activities Coordinator Diary; Residents Interest Log; Pen Picture; Social media consent forms).
- Takes time to get to know each resident as an individual in order to provide stimulating activities to meet varying needs. Make the memory boxes, scrapbooks, wall art in their bedrooms with their photos.
- Encourage resident participation in activities and document outcomes. The Activities Records Files inform which residents engaged on activities, group or one to one (1:1) and the level of satisfaction and interest.
- Review goals and progress notes.
Why should I apply?
In additional to the opportunity to join our dynamic teams and to be part of something special, we offer excellent training and professional development opportunities to all our staff.
At Springfield Healthcare, our main priority is the welfare and wellbeing of our residents and staff. Therefore, we require all our new staff to confirm that they have either had Covid-19 vaccine, or they are willing to receive it prior to start of the employment with us. There will be a requirement to sign a consent form to this effect at the point of a job interview