Job Title: Receptionist
Hours Required: 14 hours per week, Saturday and Sunday.
The Chocolate Works Care Village are recruiting for a weekend Receptionist to work alongside the Reception Team and will be Responsible to the Reception Lead.
Purpose of the position
To ensure that every person who enters the Care Village is welcomed and given every attention they require.
To assist the staff Team with all aspects of administrative support.
To always ensure the safety and wellbeing of residents by verifying visitor’s identity and their reason for visiting.
Contributing to the safeguarding of adults by ensuring you are aware of your role in relation to the home’s safeguarding adults’ policy, taking steps to protect residents from any form of abuse or neglect and use appropriate reporting mechanisms to inform the General Manager of any concerns.
What would I be expected to do on a weekly basis?
- To issue memos on behalf of the General Manager and Deputy Manager to staff where appropriate and keep a record of these.
- To attend any necessary meetings or training as directed by the General Manager and to develop personally in areas where specific responsibilities are held.
- General administration duties where required to support the running of the Care Village.
- To take responsibility for maintaining all aspect of general office duties including assistance with contacting contractors/service providers, liaising with the General Manager and Maintenance Dept.
- To assist where necessary with the ordering of supplies for the home.
- To assist in answering incoming telephone calls and directly to appropriate person effectively.
- To assist the General Manager and Deputy Manager in marketing the home, increasing occupancy and ensuring a welcoming atmosphere.
- To be aware of the need to self-develop and attend appropriate training courses.
- To be aware of the needs for confidentiality in all areas of the Company and client information.
What Experience do I need?
Health and Safety
Health & Safety
To take reasonable care for the health & safety of yourself and others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work and to cooperate with any requirement to adhere to statutory or other safety regulations.
This job description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post, it is not intended as an exhaustive list.
Springfield Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer
At Springfield Healthcare, our main priority is the welfare and wellbeing of our residents and staff. Therefore, we require all our new staff to confirm that they have either had Covid-19 vaccine, or they are willing to receive it prior to start of the employment with us. There will be a requirement to sign a consent form to this effect at the point of a job interview.