Job Title: Administration Assistant
Hours Required: 16 hours per week, Monday and Friday
The Chocolate Works Care Village are recruiting an Admin Assistant to work alongside the HR Advisor.
What would I be expected to do on a weekly basis?
The role will include generalistic administration tasks within the Care Home for HR, Management or Reception, Monday and Friday's are key days within the working week.
- Will coordinate the department’s administrative activities in an effective, up to date, and accurate manner by:
- Work cooperatively with all team members to support the achievement of work plan activities designed to achieve identified goals and objectives;
- Operates office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, voice mail messaging systems and computer scanning equipment to complete department tasks
- Performs clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings for the Manager or designate
- Coordinates and organizes department meetings and conferences including meeting venue bookings, catering requirements, sets up the room with audio-visual equipment and flip charts and tends to other requirements of department meetings
- Completes internal and external correspondence, legal documents, form letters and other documents, and distributes them as directed
- Prepares meeting agendas, records and distributes meeting minutes, and maintains organized files of same
- Coordinates any required repairs to office equipment
- Coordinates and completes significant special projects independently or in cooperation with other groups as directed by the Manager, or designate
- Will perform administrative and clerical support to the Manager in accomplishing their roles and responsibilities. This includes:
- Completes confidential administrative services for the Manager (e.g. HR administration)
- Produces and/or assists in the production of all required internal and external reports
- Regularly reviews progress on standard department administrative activities and takes appropriate action to ensure timely completion of all department tasks
- Supports the Manager in addressing any HR matters within the department
- Develops or maintains an accurate and up to date records management system
- Stores, retrieves and disseminates information for staff and residents
- Prepares presentations and reports as required by the Manager or designate
- Ensures the safeguarding of all confidential files
- Support the Finance officer in ensuring that appropriate staff data is available in a timely manner for payroll purposes.
- To administrate the training system within the home, ensuring all staff are up to date and compliant with all training requirements linked to their role.
What Experience do I need?
Health and Safety
Health & Safety
To take reasonable care for the health & safety of yourself and others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work and to cooperate with any requirement to adhere to statutory or other safety regulations.
This job description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post, it is not intended as an exhaustive list
Springfield Healthcare is an equal opportunites employer