Care Assistant Nights
Post: Care Assistant
Location: Mayfield View Care Home, Ilkley, West Yorkshire
Salary: £9.60 per hour
Shifts: Days (To include weekends and bank holidays)
Hours: Full Time / Part Time - Permanent Contract
Springfield Healthcare has been providing exceptional care in beautiful residential settings for over 40 years. We have an increasing portfolio of Care Homes and Care Villages throughout Yorkshire and Humberside.
Mayfield View Care Home in Ilkley is approximately 80 beds and opened in October 2018. This luxurious and stunning new 5-star care home has been designed and built by an award-winning team and offers striking views of the nearby moors as well as an impressive choice of care services for a range of age groups. The new home will be providing social care via a phased approach to people living with dementia who have residential needs, people who require nursing care and general residential care. The home was inspected by the CQC in October 2019 and rated Good in all domains.
As a Care Assistant you will be reporting to the Senior Care or Deputy or Home Manager the role involves providing a high standard of care for all our residents in the home.
Purpose of the position of Care Assistant
- To provide a high standard of resident care in the home, promoting dignity, privacy, choice, the rights of the individual and a person centred ethos.
- To ensure the wants and needs of residents are met to the best of your ability and create a warm friendly atmosphere, putting the residents first in all aspects of care delivery.
- To help residents achieve their personal potential and to be emotionally, spiritually and physically cared for to a high quality standard.
- To support residents to live in a communal environment that is well maintained, clean and attractive.
- Contributing to the safeguarding of adults by ensuring you are aware of your role in relation to the home’s safeguarding adults policy, taking steps to protect residents from any form of abuse or neglect and use appropriate reporting mechanisms to inform the Home Manager of any concerns
Skills/Attributes Required for the role of Care Assistant
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent care giving skills
- Team player
- The ability to offer flexibility in working pattern to cover sickness and holidays
Rewards & Benefits:
- On-site parking
- Company pension
- Subsidised Meals
- Free Uniform
- Free Training
- Opportunity to progress in your Career
- Staff Mentor Programme
- Refer a Friend Bonus
- At Springfield Healthcare, our main priority is the welfare and wellbeing of our residents and staff. Therefore, we require all our new staff to confirm that they have either had Covid-19 vaccine, or they are willing to receive it prior to start of the employment with us. There will be a requirement to sign a consent form to this effect at the point of a job interview.