HOURS 7PM-11PM - 4 DAYS OVER 7 INCLUDING ALTERNATE WEEKENDS
Responsible to the Manager/Senior carer on duty
· To assist residents with all aspects of residents’ daily living. Providing a high standard of personal care and oral care, supporting suitable nutrition and hydration, and giving assistance as and when required.
· To serve food and drinks and promote good hydration throughout the shift. To assist with the promotion of additional calories for those residents who need nutritional support and maintaining dietary requirements for residents as per their care plan..
· Carry out regular checks on residents ensuring all residents are clean and comfortable, and their own level of personal appearance is maintained. To assist residents who need additional support with moving, pressure relief or incontinence. To ensure residents are cared for in all health aspects, including pressure care, personal grooming, health conditions, skin integrity etc.
· Answer alarms as quickly as practicable and give residents any support, assistance and comfort they may require.
· Undertake daily maintenance duties in communal areas – cleaning of chairs and tables, maintaining tidy bedrooms, emptying and cleaning commodes when used, the general cleaning of communal toilets.
· Assist residents who need help bathing, or showering.
· Before leaving shift, ensure all residents are checked and that any who need assistance with continence receive this prior to next staff taking over.
· Read care plans and notes for information on residents and ensure you understand how to care for a resident properly. Write accurate detailed progress notes, ensure any accident or incident is reported factually, and a comprehensive handover is completed with oncoming staff.
· To maintain your own professional competency by attending training courses and information sessions as directed by the Registered Manager or Deputy Manager.
· To be familiar with all emergency procedures, including the hospital escort procedure, and to understand that hospital escort is part of the role of care worker.
Place of work
Care assistants’ place of work is Springfield Care Home, Garforth, however if required, you may be asked to accompany a resident to any local hospital.
You may be required to travel to other areas for the purposes of training and development.
Health and Safety
To ensure that statutory health and safety standards are adhered to and by no act or omission is any resident, staff member, yourself, or another put at risk.
To ensure that all chemicals used for cleaning and disinfecting are used as per their instructions and stored safely.
To ensure that any damage to equipment, furniture, fittings etc is reported immediately to management.
To ensure that all residents personal belongings, company property and facilities are treated with respect.
To ensure that all company policies and procedures are read, understood and adhered to.
To support a safe working practice in the home
To ensure that all stocks of equipment and facilities are maintained, e.g. towels, flannels, toilet rolls, wipes, etc
Carrying out any additional tasks that may reasonably be assigned to you.