Seacroft Grange Care Village is a purpose built care home offering residents the best quality care and lifestyle, we have fantastic facilities on site including a cinema, bistro and hairdressers! We offer residential, nursing and working age adults all types of care which covers our 95 bed care village.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Care Assistant to join our night team, the position is a full time position (four nights per week). We do require a minimum of three years Care Assistant experience and one year of Senior Care Assistant experience. We also require the candidate to hold NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care with experience of distribution of medication to residents.
- Assist in the overall management of the home promoting a homely, safe environment
- Be conversant with the homes policies and procedures and the regulatory framework with which the home is required to comply. To ensure that the home operates in accordance with these
- Assist in the reviewing of the homes policies and procedures. Developing these as necessary in accordance with the changes in care practices and statutory requirements placed on the home
- Ensure care practices are reflective of the requirements of the statutory bodies and that such practices are reviewed and developed regularly
- Ensure a system is in place that promotes residents participation in the planning and reviewing of care
- Maintain an efficient system for assessing and evaluating residents care needs and delivery of care in accordance with the care plan
- To be responsible for the care planning process, maintaining appropriate medication and care delivery for a designated group of service users, using person centred approach
- Ensuring an appropriate exchange of information between all grades of staff to promote continuity of care.
- Liaise with relevant parties in order to facilitate service user care and well-being.
- Report any shortfalls in the provision of service user are to the Care Village Manager.
- Ensure the safe administration of drugs in accordance with the home’s policy. Reporting to the Care Village Manager as necessary.
- To delegate duties to other staff members and monitor their performance
- Participate in staff training and provide support to junior staff
- Contribute to the continuing development of the home through professional self-development and the promotion of evidence based practice
- Promote the effective and efficient use of all resources and supplies to maintain an adequate stock of items appropriate to the needs of the service users.
- To undertake other duties applicable to the post
- Attend mandatory and in house training as required
- Assist in compliance with the Health and Social Care Act 2008
- Help promote and market the home
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Be conversant with and ensure all staff are aware of the requirements under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and of their compliance. Advise the Manager of any areas of concern
This is a wakeful duty unless notified otherwise.
We are looking to move forwards quickly with recruitment for this position and therefore would suggest if you would like to apply that you do so straight away. The vacancy is usually very popular and will be advertised in house also. Should we find the right candidate prior to the closing date we will close the advert early.