Post: Community Lead (Residential Dementia Community)
Location: Seacroft Grange Care Village
Salary: £10.60 per hour - paid breaks - paid 15 minute handover period
Shifts: Day Shifts - 07:45 - 20:00
Hours: Full time - Permanent Contract - 42 Hours Per Week
Seacroft Grange Care Village is part of the Springfield Healthcare family, a purpose-built care village located in Seacroft, Leeds. We are looking for an experience Community Lead (Unit Manager) to lead our 19-bedroom residential dementia community.
If you are a dedicated and compassionate person who prides yourself on person-centred care and if you’d like to use your skills in an organisation that provides the quality care you’d expect for your loved ones – this is the place to be!
- To offer excellent quality care to our residents maintaining their physical and emotional wellbeing within a safe and friendly environment, allowing them to make personal choices with regard to their daily lives, to maintain the dignity of our residents and act with respect at all times.
- To support the General Manager and Deputy Manager to ensure the above remit is maintained. To mentor and assist new and less experienced members of staff and act as a role model for excellent quality care.
- To supervise and provide leadership to the Community team in their duties, allocating tasks as required, ensuring sufficient resource whilst maintaining clear and accurate records at all times.
- To ensure you are an ambassador for The Grange when dealing with any health and social care colleagues, relatives, friends and advocates of our residents, both inside and outside of the premises.
- Ensuring care staff feel supported to complete their roles and are able to discuss any concerns issues or problems and the line of communication is always open.
- Ensuring that the nutrition and fluids received by residents is appropriate, adequate and easily accessible and that records are up to date.
- Maintaining the correct documentation for all aspects of resident care.
- Responsibility for ordering of medication and ensuring constant supply for all residents.
- Daily planning of their shift using the allocation plans and planning rota for the Community.
- Communicating across units to check colleagues are staffed
- Lead by example, setting the pace and the standard.
- Praise and recognise good performance.
- Be able to challenge poor performance and report any problems to the General Manager.
- Ensure all cleaning and housekeeping jobs are completed within the shift.
- Promote accountability of staff for actions.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the company.
- Undertaking Resident of the Day audit including a full white file check of all relevant paperwork for identified individual.
- To support and assess new staff after their inductions and support the Trainer with the care certificate competencies.
- Minimum 2 years’ health or Social Care experience in a Care Home environment in a similar position with experience of administering all medications.
- Previous experience of working as a Care Assistant prior to leader position.
- Experience of proactively conducting and managing Residents’ reviews taking account of the Resident or their representatives’ needs and wishes.
- Effectively managing a team in their day-to-day tasks.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care.
- Medication administration competent - this will be assessed.
- Knowledge and understanding of person-centred care planning process and the relevant legislative and Regulatory requirements.
- Certified training or experience in the provision of care of those with a diagnosis of Dementia
- Certificated training or experience in the provision of care of those at End of life
Rewards & Benefits
- Competitive rate of pay
- Paid Breaks
- Free Car Parking
- Career Progression
- Personal Development
- Mentor Scheme
- Recognition Schemes
- Refer a friend bonus