Springfield Healthcare has been providing exceptional care in beautiful residential settings for over 40 years. We have an increasing portfolio of Care Homes and Care Villages throughout Yorkshire and Humberside.
Mayfield View Care Home in Ilkley is approximately 80 beds and opened in October 2018. This luxurious and stunning new 5-star care home has been designed and built by an award-winning team and offers striking views of the nearby moors as well as an impressive choice of care services for a range of age groups. The new home will be providing social care via a phased approach to people living with dementia who have residential needs, people who require nursing care and general residential care. The home was inspected by the CQC in October 2019 and rated Good in all domains.
Reporting to the Head of Housekeeping the Housekeeping Assistant role involves the cleaning of communal areas, residential rooms and ensuring the laundry function runs smoothly.
Purpose of the position of Housekeeping Assistant
- To provide a high standard of service in the home during the day, promoting dignity, privacy, choice, the rights of the residents and a person centred ethos.
- To ensure a warm, friendly atmosphere, putting the residents first in all aspects of service delivery.
- To provide a service that helps carers to provide care for residents to help them achieve their personal potential and to be emotionally, spiritually and physically cared for to a high quality standard.
- To support residents to live in a communal environment that is well maintained, clean and attractive.
Skills/Attributes Required of Housekeeping Assistant
- The ability to prioritise workload
- Professional approach to residents and visitors
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Knowledge of statutory Health and Safety Regulations
- Excellent team player
Rewards & Benefits
- Free Training & Development
- Free Uniform
- Free Car Parking
- Subsidised Meals
- Career Progression
- Recognition Schemes
- Refer a friend bonus
- Housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)