Responsible to the Housekeeper and General Manager
Purpose of position
- To provide a high standard of service in the Care Village, promoting dignity, privacy, choice, the rights of the residents and a person centred ethos.
- To ensure a warm friendly atmosphere, putting the residents first in all aspects of service delivery.
- To provide a service that helps to provide care for residents to help them achieve their personal potential and to be emotionally, spiritually and physically cared for to a high quality standard.
- To support residents to live in a communal environment that is well maintained, clean and attractive.
- To ensure all areas of the home are clean and infection free. To ensure that all residents’ bedrooms are clean, maintained to an excellent standard and odour free.
- To ensure all personal items of Residents laundry are laundered to a high standard, having due regard to the individual items, whilst following necessary infection control policies and procedures.
- To clean and maintain all areas of the home on a daily basis.
- To clean and maintain residents’ bedrooms, making and changing beds and follow the schedule to deep clean bedrooms in turn.
- To ensure all areas of the home are clean, maintained and odour free.
- To ensure residents have a welcome home and are kept free from infection.
- To stock paper towel and soap dispensers in all areas of the home and residents’ bedrooms
- To report any faults to the appropriate management for repair to be executed.
- To assist with food service in dinning area’s at meal times
- To maintain stocks for cleaning and ensuring equipment is fit for purpose and reporting any defects to management.
- Ensuring all instructions for products used are followed correctly, in line with COSHH regulations and COSHH data sheets are maintained.
- To assist in the to ensure a smooth running of the department
- To stock residents’ bedrooms regularly with linen, personal hygiene products etc.
Place of work
The general assistants’ place of work is The Chocolate Works Care Village, however if required, you may be required to travel to other areas for the purposes of training and development.
Health and Safety
- To ensure that statutory health and safety standards are adhered to and by no act or omission is any resident, staff member, yourself, or another put at risk.
- To ensure that all chemicals used in cleaning, disinfecting and laundry are used as per their instructions and stored safely.
- To ensure that any damage to equipment, furniture, fittings etc is reported immediately to management.
- To ensure that all residents’ personal belongings, company property and facilities are treated with respect.
- To ensure that all company policies and procedures are read, understood and adhered to.
- To support a safe working practice in the home.
- To ensure that all stocks of equipment and facilities are maintained and ordered economically and in liaison with the housekeeper and or management.
- Carrying out any additional tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
This job description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
Health and safety training
Infection Control training
First Aid qualification
Previous experience in cleaning and/or laundry
Previous experience working in a care environment
The ability to prioritise workload
Calm under pressure
Professional approach to residents and visitors
A can do attitude
Personal qualities and attributes
The ability to operate a regulated stock control and ordering system