Music and Wellbeing Assistant
Are you passionate about improving the health & wellbeing of older people?
Do you have a passion for Music ?
We are looking for someone to work in the Wellbeing Teams at Springfield HealthCare ensuring it is a lead provider of appropriate physical, mental activity and health improvement services in our homes.
To develop and manage an innovative programme of musical activities and other events that improve the health and wellbeing of the people who live in our home , especially those who are older, who have communication difficulties, emotional distress and long term health conditions including dementia.
You will work with our Wellbeing and Lifestyle Team Leader to deliver a programme of innovative and fun personalised one to one and group musical activities. You will also be required to do other activities with the wellbeing team which offer enrichment and fulfilment to our residents.
- To motivate the residents to participate in group and individualised programmes of music activities to maintain wellbeing.
- Prepare and deliver musical classes that allow residents to learn new skills and develop/support their interest in music and other forms of art.
- Planning and delivering musical performances.
- Develop individual musical playlists for residents.
- Develop and implement individual musical plans for frail residents who cannot attend group music activities.
- To keep accurate records of the programmes which have been delivered.
- Work cooperatively and efficiently with other team members, and support and develop them to feel confident in carrying out individualised programmes.
- Respond effectively to emergency situations.
- 24 hours a week
- 6 hour day shifts
- Will include some weekend working
- Delivering musical activity programmes 1 year (Required)
- Music skills with an instrument or the voice
- working a care environment ( desirable)
- Qualification in Music Facilitation or equivalent.
- Care Certificate – can be completed in house