Springfield Health Care Group is an innovative service which aims to provide both nursing care and residential care to those who require a long-term care setting, we also provide short stay respite care and day care. We aim to do this by combining beautiful surroundings with the latest technology and care expertise, all set within the heart of an established local community. This position will be located in Seacroft Green Care Centre.
We are looking for a Maintenance Person to start working with us to support the home with the following duties;
To carry out day to day maintenance on the fabric of the building, it’s services and grounds to ensure that the Home is maintained in a safe, efficient and functional order
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To carry out general maintenance as required throughout the home
- To ensure the home is in good decorative order at all times
- To ensure all external areas and grounds are kept tidy and well maintained to ensure the smart appearance of the Home
- To supervise outside contractors
- To minimize costs by monitoring energy consumption , written records to be kept
- To test and monitor temperatures on both domestic hot water and heat emitter surfaces. Written records to be kept.
- To test and check all portable electrical appliances that residents bring into the Home.
- To ensure all equipment is periodically maintained
- To understand and ensure the implementation of the Home’s Health and Safety policy, Emergency and Fire Procedures
- To attend all training sessions as required, specifically statutory training including manual handling
- To report immediately to the Manager any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a colleague or self
- To undertake driving duties as required
- Complete all relevant records, reports , documentation as per company policy
- To understand and abide by all company policies
- To attend mandatory and in house training as required
We do not require any formal qualifications but experience in a similar position would be advantageous. All training for the position will be given by our regional team and training team.