Activities and Wellbeing Assistant
Are you passionate about enriching the lives of older people?
Do you have a passion for Arts, Music or Dance?
We are looking for someone to work in the Wellbeing Team at Seacroft Grange Care Village ensuring it is a lead provider of appropriate physical, mental activity and health improvement services in our home.
To develop and manage an innovative programme of activities and other events that improve the health and wellbeing of the people who live in our home , especially those who are older, who have communication difficulties, emotional distress and long term health conditions including dementia.
You will work with our Activities & Wellbeing Team Leader to deliver a programme of innovative and fun personalised one to one and group activities to enrich and fulfill the lives of our residents.
- To motivate the residents to participate in group and individualised programmes of activities to maintain wellbeing.
- Prepare and deliver sessions that allow residents to learn new skills and develop/support their interest in any form of art.
- Planning and delivering activities.
- Develop and implement individual activities plans for frail residents who cannot attend group activities.
- To keep accurate records of the programmes which have been delivered.
- Work cooperatively and efficiently with other team members, and support and develop them to feel confident in carrying out individualised programmes.
- Respond effectively to emergency situations.
- 24 hours a week
- 6 hour day shifts
- Will include some weekend working
- Delivering activities programmes in any setting - 1 year (Required)
- Arts and Musical skills (desirable)
- working in a care environment (desirable)
- Relevant qualification
- Mandatory training – can be completed in house