Seacroft Grange Care Village is a purpose built care home which can home upto 95 residents in the heart of Seacroft, Leeds. We are lucky to have luxury facilities such as a Hairdressers, Spa Bathrooms, Bistro and Cinema! We are currently looking for 5 new Care Assistants to join our team to support across the home.
We have a number of residents who have different needs such as residential care, nursing care, dementia care and younger adults so no two days are the same. Due to this we are able to offer different experiences and opportunities work with different client groups to further your experiences and knowledge.
1. To understand and provide the requirements for “normal” health and to have insight into the effects on the client and family when continued care is needed
2. To assist the client in any area of his/her daily care needs which they would normally undertake themselves if they were able to do so
3. To participate in holistic caring activities
4. Care for all clients needs as required with the aim of optimising their independence
5. Read the Care Plans of each client to promote continuity of care
6. To understand the right of the individual to confidentiality
7. Within the Care Team, the following are examples of tasks which may be undertaken:-
a. Care of clothes and personal belongings
b. Bed making - empty and occupied
c. Moving and handling, dressing and assisting residents in their daily hygiene and dressing needs
d. Personal hygiene. Bathing, care of the eyes, mouth, hair and nails
e. Care of skin and pressure areas
f. Assist with toilet requirements
g. Escorting residents
h. Helping to serve meals and drinks, assisting and feeding those residents whose need requires it
i. Recording any necessary individual information i.e. turn/tilt charts, fluid balance charts
j. Observing and reporting any changes in residents condition
8. Observe the Homes Health and Safety policy at all times
9. To report to Senior staff any hazard or unsafe equipment that may be injurious to the health and safety of staff, residents and visitors
10. To attend any in-service training arranged as part of staff development and mandatory training, which is a legal requirement
11. Answer call bells and give assistance as required
12. To be a valued member of the Key worker scheme
13. To promote and market the home
14. To read, understand and abide by all company policies and procedures
HEALTH AND SAFETY
To be familiar with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. Any areas of concern must be brought to the attention of the Manager or the person in charge.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
We do not require exprience within the care sector as full training is provided, however we are looking for people with the right core values which you application and interview will be judged upon.
Finding the right person is very important to us, so show us you have the right behaviours to fit in with our team - our behaviours are;
Integrity: It’s who you are when no one else is looking. Always doing the right thing without necessarily expecting acknowledgment or praise for it.
Nurturing: We care for, protect, help and encourage our colleagues and those we are privileged to care for, as well as their families.
Supportive: By listening to our residents and service users, our staff and those that we work alongside, we learn different ways to overcome day to day challenges and can help guide individuals to achieve their goals.
Passionate: We take pride in what we do, we consistently go above and beyond and we strive for excellence in providing quality of life enhancement to the individuals we support.
Innovative: We encourage our people to be creative, to challenge the status quo and to consistently innovate in order that we deliver unique and integrated care services.
Respectful: Whether you are a resident or service user, a family member, a friend or one of our Springfield Healthcare team - we value, listen to and treat everyone equally.
Empathy & Kindness: By putting empathy and kindness at the heart of every decision we make; we can ensure that everyone receives unrivalled care and our colleagues feel valued and empowered.
If you think you match the above then please apply today - we will be holding interviews on a first come, first served basis. We hold the right to withdraw this advert at any time.