SPRINGFIELD HEALTHCARE GROUP
Home Manager – Mayfield View Care Home, Ilkley, West Yorkshire
Circa £60k per annum
Springfield Healthcare has been providing exceptional care in beautiful residential settings for over 40 years. We have an increasing portfolio of Care Homes and Care Villages throughout Yorkshire and Humberside.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced Manager to join our team at Springfield Healthcare’s Care Villages and Homes.
The role will be to provide management and leadership to our new Mayfield View Care Home in Ilkley. The home is approximately 80 beds and opened in October 2018. This luxurious and stunning new 5-star care home has been designed and built by an award-winning team and offers striking views of the nearby moors as well as an impressive choice of care services for a range of age groups. The home provides care to people living with dementia who have residential needs, people who require nursing care and general residential care. The Home was inspected by CQC in October 2019 and rated Good in all domains.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Care Home Manager to start as soon as possible.
The role is accountable to our Head of Kindness, Care & Quality.
· Managing all aspects of care home performance, your focus will be on running your Care Home as a successful business, whilst delivering outstanding quality and service to our residents and their relatives.
· To lead the development of the Care Home and its related services through effective promotion and capitalisation of market opportunities.
· To be responsible for the efficient day-to-day and long-term management of the Care Home - ensuring the highest quality person centred care is give, round the clock, throughout the home
· To develop effective working communication with all heads of units and departments within the Care Home and ensure regular supervision of all units and departments.
· To ensure the on-going monitoring of standards of care provided within the Care Home.
· Develop and maintain a high quality of care and ensure registration of the Care Home is retained, working towards the goal of Outstanding
· To improve and maintain morale among all staff through effective leadership, consultation and communication.
· To attain agreed levels of turnover and profitability and to prepare and adhere to annual operating budgets.
What skills and experience are we looking for:
- Nursing Qualification (desirable)
- Management qualification
- Minimum of 3 years management experience of nursing client groups
- Excellent leadership skills - someone with a proven record of managing and motivating staff to produce outstanding results
- Drive and focus to provide excellent customer service and quality of care
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent business management skills (including budget management)
- Experience and good understanding of care service practices, legislation, regulations and standards
For further details about this post contact Angela Randle on 07809 216381
- Discounted/free food
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Flexible working hours
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £60,000.00 /year
- Management of nursing client groups: 3 years (Required)
- Management: 2 years (Required)