To meet the needs of residents attending the Activities Group in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence. To help planning and running a weekly programme of activities and planning individual person-centred activities plan.
To help in the promotion of mental, social and physical activity of residents, through conversation, outings, sharing in discussion of past and present events, reading, writing, hobbies and other activities in accordance with the agreed programme.
Duties will involve personal contact with a varying resident population and a varied work schedule that may include weekends, evenings, and holidays, agreed in advance.
Tasks also will involve record keeping, attention to the environment, use of supplies and equipment, and maintenance of storage areas.
To be willing to undertake MIDAS training.
• Assist with activities as directed by the Wellbeing & Activities Coordinator and in accordance with each resident's plan of care.
• Ensure area to be used for activity is free.
• Set areas up as needed for the type of activity planned.
• Remind nursing staff of activities scheduled and residents who desire to participate.
• Assist, when possible, with transport of residents to the activity area.
• Follow the instructions for the activity as directed.
• Assisting and supporting residents to undertake the activity.
• Observe individual resident participation and responses during the activity.
• Assist, when possible, residents back to living areas after the activity.
• Notify nursing of resident behaviours, which may indicate medical problems.
• Do record keeping or documentation tasks.