Post: Care Assistant - Days
Location: Mayfield View Care Home, Ilkley
Salary: £9.15 per hour
Shifts: Days (To include weekends and bank holidays) 8am to 8pm
We are looking for Care Assistants to join the team at Mayfield View Care Home.
Springfield Healthcare has been providing exceptional care in beautiful residential settings for over 40 years. We have an increasing portfolio of Care Homes and Care Villages throughout Yorkshire and Humberside. Mayfield View Care Home in Ilkley is approximately 80 beds and opened in October 2018. This luxurious and stunning new 5-star care home has been designed and built by an award-winning team and offers striking views of the nearby moors as well as an impressive choice of care services for a range of age groups. The new home will be providing care via a phased approach to people living with dementia who have residential needs, people who require nursing care and general residential care. The home was inspected by the CQC in October 2019 and rated Good in all domains.
As a Care Assistant, you will be providing a high standard of resident care in the home during the day, promoting dignity, privacy, choice, the rights of the individual and a person centred ethos.
Springfield Healthcare offer:
· Subsidised Meals
· Free Uniform
· Free Training
· Free Car Parking
· Opportunity to progress in your Career
· Staff Mentor Programme
· Recognition Schemes
· Refer a friend bonus
Purpose of the position:
· To help residents achieve their personal potential and to be emotionally, spiritually and physically cared for to a high-quality standard.
· To ensure the wants and needs of residents are met to the best of your ability and create a warm friendly atmosphere, putting the residents first in all aspects of care delivery.
· To assist residents with all aspects of residents' daily living. Providing a high standard of personal care and oral care, supporting suitable nutrition and hydration, and giving assistance as and when required.
· To serve food and drinks and promote good hydration throughout the shift.
· Carry out regular checks on residents ensuring all residents are clean and comfortable, and their own level of personal appearance is maintained.
· Contributing to the safeguarding of adults by ensuring you are aware of your role in relation to the home’s safeguarding adults policy, taking steps to protect residents from any form of abuse or neglect and use appropriate reporting mechanisms to inform the General Manager of any concerns.
· Good communication skills both verbal and written
· Excellent care giving skills
· Team player
· Experience of working in a care environment with older adults
· Hold an NVQ 2 or above in Health and Adult Care or equivalent, or be willing to work towards it
· The ability to offer flexibility in working pattern to cover sickness and holidays
Job Types: Full-time and Part-time. Bank contract
Salary: £9.15 per hour