Seacroft Grange Care Village is a luxery purpose built care home facility in Seacroft, Leeds. We are looking for a Housekeping Supervisor to join our team to manage and support out housekeeping and laundry team and function. The poosition will be worked 5 over 7 days on a rota basis to be agreed at interview.
As the Housekeeping Supervisor, you will have responsibility for ensuring the first-class provision of the housekeeping and laundry services within the Care Home. You will set the standards required from the housekeeping and laundry services, ensuring a standardised approach within the care home in relation to all processes, schedules and documentation.
You will ensure that the homes are maintained in a clean, sanitary and orderly condition for the safety and security of residents, staff and visitors, to the highest standards, always.
The role will be split between been 50% on the housekeeping rota and 50% supernumerary to undertake supervisory tasks.
Key purpose of role:
- Ensure the efficient and effective running of the Housekeeping Department.
- Provide a high standard of service in the Care Home, promoting dignity, privacy, choice, the rights of the residents and a person-centred ethos.
- Ensure a warm friendly atmosphere, putting the residents first in all aspects of service delivery.
- Provide a service that helps carers to provide care for residents to help them achieve their personal potential and to be emotionally, spiritually and physically cared for to a high-quality standard.
- Support residents to live in a communal environment that is well maintained, clean and attractive.
- Maintain the highest quality of cleanliness in the care home in line with infection control guidelines.
- Maintain the smooth running of the cleaning and laundry services to ensure the home runs to the highest quality standards.
- Maintain the cleaning schedule and ensure that the deep cleaning of rooms is scheduled and that all areas of the home are cleaned and maintained.
- Conduct regular audits across the home to ensure required standards are met.
- To supervise, train and motivate Housekeeping team to ensure high standards of service.
- Contributing to the safeguarding of adults by ensuring you are aware of your role in relation to the home’s safeguarding adults’ policy, taking steps to protect residents from any form of abuse or neglect and use appropriate reporting mechanisms to inform the Registered Manager of any concerns
The ideal candidate;
- Would have a minimum of 5 years experience as a housekeeper.
- Would have a minimum of 2 year experience as a housekeeping supervisor / team leader.
- Will hold or have completed courses around COSHH
- Will have good levels of math and English to complete paperwork required
- Will be computer literate - able to use Office, Excel and Email
- Will be able to devise documentation and records for effectively managing and running the team, stock, rota, budget and compliance paperwork.
We will be reviewing all applications on a first come, first served basis and do hold the right to withdraw the advert at any point so don't delay in applying if you feel you are suitable for the position.