Post: Clinical Lead Nurse (RMN/RGN) working on nights
Location: Seacroft Green Care Centre
Salary: £19.15 per hour
We have an exciting opportunity for a Qualified Nurse to join the team here at Seacroft Green Care Centre as a Clinical Lead working on nights. Seacroft Green Care Centre is a luxury care and nursing facility on the outskirts of Leeds.
JOB PURPOSE* :*
To plan, implement and supervise nursing care. To be physically involved in the nursing care of the residents and to meet all service user individual needs, either personally or through delegation. To take responsibility for, and effectively supervise the day-to-day running of the Care Village in the absence of the General Manager and Deputy Manager and ensure that the care is of a high standard at all times.
- To be aware of each resident’s social and medical needs.
- To be the named nurse for a specific number of service users. To take responsibility for those care plans by assessing, implementing and evaluating each service user’s medical, psychological and social needs on a regular basis.
- Writing and implementing care plans and records in a person centred holistic way, involving both the resident and the family members.
- To maintain and store all service users care plans and associated records as per Company Policy and Procedure, NMC guidance and the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Carrying out routine investigations and care procedures, such as administrating medication, and taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures.
- Monitoring and recording a patient’s condition and acting accordingly on any changes in condition.
- Making ethical decisions related to residents.
- Dealing with emergencies.
- Providing information, emotional support and reassurance to residents and relatives.
- To lead and supervise a team of care workers in carrying out their roles.
- Undertake supervision sessions to staff on a regular basis in accordance with Company Policy and Procedures.
- To carry out staff appraisals in line with Company Policy and Procedures
- To mentor, coach and develop junior staff.
- Ensure that the staff allocation sheet for shift is completed in full and offers the correct skill mix to meet the needs of the residents.
- To undertake drugs rounds at prescribed times – ensuring sufficient drugs are available for the following 24 hours.
- To report and record all complaints, accidents, happenings and untoward incidents to the Deputy Manager or General Manger as per Company Policy and Procedure.
- To ensure all recording charts, when in use, are kept up to date. In particular food and fluid records and other daily observations.
- To deal with short-notice absences as and when required.
- To help to promote a better quality of life for the residents by encouraging them to join in activities and in general conversation, with the assistance of the care staff.
- Maintain a good professional working relationship with external multi-disciplinary teams such as GPs and social workers.
- To work as part of the wider multi-disciplinary team within the home, liaising with physios, OTs, clinical leads and other health professionals.
- To undertake any training necessary for the completion of your duties.
- To attend staff and other meetings as requested.
- To undertake any other appropriate duties as and when required.
- Registered General Nurse or Registered Mental Health Nurse
- NMC Registration
- Aware of accountability of own role and other roles in a nurse-led service
- Experience of nursing individuals with complex medical, psychological and social needs.
- Ability to travel to other locations on occasions (e.g. training/development/emergency cover purposes)
- Held NMC pin for a minimum of 5 years.
- Mentoring Qualification.
- Previous experience of working a Care Centre environment.