Here at Seacroft Grange Care Village we are looking for a staff nurse to lead our nursing community. We need a nurse that is able to plan, implemnent and supervise nursing care to our residents. To be physically involved in teh nursing care of the residents and to meet all serivce user individual needs, either personally or through delegation. In absence of the General Manager and Deputy Manager and ensure that the care is of a high standard at all times.
We are a purpose built Care Village and can hold up to 95 residents throughout the building which can be a mix of residential needs, dementia, EMI nursing and Working Age Adults. Our nurisng community can hold up to 20 residents, of which the staff ratio are worked out on the dependency levels of our residents on the community, we pride outselves on ensuring we always have the right amount of staff for the work required to ensure our nurses are able to effectivley complete their tasks.
Please see below a list of key responsibilities you would be working on duirng a typical shift with us;
- To be aware of your resident's social and medical needs - we give you time to get to know our residents before you start your nursing duties by giving you a time period of training / induction with them and also time to read care plans.
- To be the named nurse for a specific number of residents and to take respibility for their care plans.
- Writing and implementing new care plans - involving our on site assesor, the resident and family members.
- Carrying out routine care procedures such as; administering medication, taking patient samples, temperatures and blood pressures. Also monitoring and recording a residents condition and acting accordingly on any changes in condition.
- Making ethical decisions related to residents.
- To lead, allocate and supervise a team of care workers in carrying out their roles, including supervision sessions, mentoring, coaching and development of junior staff.
- To undertake full medication rounds at prescribed times including any time dependent medicaiton. Ensuring that controlled drugs are given following strict procedures. All the time completing medical administration records (MAR) correctly.
- To report and record all complaints, accidents, happenings and untoward incidents to the Deputy Manager or General Manager.
- To help your care team give the best quality or life and care for all of our residents encouraging them to join in the activities and conversations when able to.
- PLUS MORE ...
We are very proud of our Care Village and the care we give to our residents, all we need now is to have the next level of nurses to help us provide an outstanding nurse service to those who require it. We want someone who is passionate, caring, professional but above all kind, we pride ourselves on the kindness we can show our residents each day, this may sometimes be through small acts, but it all adds up.
We hope you are happy with what you have read above and that you want to come and join our amazing team, we have a variety of nursing contracts available from Part time to Full time, for days or nights so please apply, or if you aren't sure if we are right for you yet, give us a call, we would love to talk to you! Please contact Amy Mchugh - HR Advisor on 0113 3452300.
Please see below the link to our latest CQC inspection for you to review - https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-990605516
We will be reviewing applications on a first come, first served response so don't delay and send your application through when you can. We do reserve the right to end this advert early should we find the appropriate candidate before the closing date of the 30th May 2020.